Belly Rub Test
The Garden Rocker, designed by Dianne and Sherry in collaboration with White Pine Concepts, is an ergonomic sitting support for use while gardening or doing other work down low. The patented shape of the base allows the person to lean forward, moving closer and lower to their work. The contoured height adjustable seat reduces strain and eases pressure on a gardener’s knees and back during prolonged weeding or planting. It allows you to turn from side to side, to move easily in any direction as it pivots on the curved base.
The Garden Rocker has been licensed to Vertex Corporation.
- Ergonomic sitting support for use while gardening or doing other work down low
- Shape of the base allows a person to lean forward or rotate, closer to their work
- Curved base allows you to pivot from side to side, moving easily in any direction
- Reduces strain and eases pressure on a gardener’s knees and back during prolonged weeding or planting
- Feet placement flexibility allows versatility in use
- Height adjustable seat
- Base can store seeds for planting or a place to toss your weeds when weeding
- Contoured seat supports up to 250 pounds
- Lightweight, for easy transport and storage
- Optional seat cushion with pockets for tool storage
At this time, there are no handles, so if you have balance issues or need support when sitting down or getting up, it may not be appropriate for you.
- Auto detailing
- Painting your fence
- Petting your dog
- Watching ball games
- Playing video games
- Playing with toddlers
- General utility seat around the house
Made in the USA by Vertex Corporation since 2002. You can purchase it directly from Vertex, or from some home improvement and online stores such as Lowe’s, Home Depot, Menards, Sam’s Club, Brookstone and Sears.
“This tool makes hard jobs easier by giving you extra leverage when you tackle garden chores.”
-“Whistle while you work”
Better Homes and Gardens 2003 p.74, Garden Products and Planning Guide
“I purchased the Rocker Stool. I have tried all other products, knee pads, stools, etc. but this is a wonderful invention. I find that as I age, that I really need a place to sit, rather than be on my knees.”
-A gardeners.com customer
Customers love the Garden Rocker!!! Read what they have to say!
- Volkman C., D. Goodwin, and S. Rovig, inventors; White Pine Concepts LLC, assignee. 2002. Gardening kneeling assistor. U.S. Patent D454,438
- Volkman C., D. Goodwin, and S. Rovig, inventors; White Pine Concepts LLC, assignee. 2002. Gardening stool. U.S. Patent D454,706
- Volkman C., D. Goodwin, and S. Rovig, inventors; White Pine Concepts LLC, assignee. 2004. Garden seat. U.S. Patent. 6,834,916 B2