He drew every single part of the Mount’n Mover, and has gotten quite the schooling—the equivalent of a “graduate degree” in Manufacturing Design—through his work at BlueSky. He wears many hats, from engineer to designer to customer technical support to web design.
Nick is a proud University of Minnesota graduate in Mechanical Engineering with a passion for product design. He previously worked for Visteon Corporation as a manufacturing engineer co-op, refining manufacturing technologies and processes for automotive fuel pumps and delivery modules. He also worked as an undergrad research assistant in the University’s motion control department
The youngest child from a family of architects, Nick has always been interested in making “neat” stuff.
Jack of all trades and master of some, he is not afraid to pick up new skills, tools, or job descriptions.
- 2002 Rock Climbing Safety Instructor, Nomad Adventure Rock Climbing Gym, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- 2004 Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineer Co-op/Intern, Visteon Corporation, Bedford, Indiana
- 2005-present Mechanical Design Engineer, BlueSky Designs, Inc. Minneapolis, MN
- 2008 Mount’n Mover, BlueSky Designs
- 2009 Ultra Light 1, ATEC
- 2010 AT Remote, AT Remote Mini, ATEC
- 2010 Fisherbeck Easy Threading Jigs, Fisherbeck
- 2009-12 Mount’n Mover accessories: Floor Stand, Mount’n Tilter, iPad mount, laptop tray, camera plate, Stand+90°, Wheelchair Mounting Series, AAC Device Adapter(s)