2005 EngineersCapstone Presentation
Direct with eyes, joystick, mouse, switch
Focus Group Professionals
Pizza! Post-Focus-Group Snack
University of Minnesota
Mechanical Engineering Senior Design Class
Capstone Project 2005
- Michael Etheridge
- Dustin Koep
- Nick Lee
- Adam Niederloh
- Tom Secord
Students from the University of Minnesota’s Mechanical Engineering Senior Design course developed design concepts and a prototype for a powered mounting system.
This was their final Capstone Project through the University of Minnesota.
The project goals were to develop a prototype for an arm that would mount to a wheelchair and move a supported object to a preferred position with the touch of a button. The students devised a system that was operated with switches and would move to specific positions.
- Current position: Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Minnesote
- PhD, Biomedical and Mechanical Engineering
- Area of study: Thermal Therapies, Biomedical Nanotechnology
- Prior position: Advanced Project Engineer, 3M
- We’ve lost track of Dustin; let us know where you are!
Nick Lee is part-owner of BlueSky Designs
- Current position: Mechanical Design Engineer/Partner, BlueSky Designs
- Nick has been with BlueSky Designs since the summer he graduated (2005)
- He is our Lead Design Engineer and has drawn, designed and built nearly every part we produce
- In 2012, he was invited to become a partner
- Current position: Building Energy Modeler, The Weidt Group
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Minor, Management, U of M Carlson School of Management
- Current position: Senior Systems Evaluation Engineer, Medtronic
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, MIT (2010)
We have collaborated with the University of Minnesota in […]